Great line-up of speakers and intensive networking event in Berlin
The second module “The Creative Maze” of the EUROPEAN TV DRAMA LAB took place from 29.10.-.4.11.2018 in Berlin. It was filled up with interesting lectures, prominent experts as well as interactive components such as writer's room simulations and workshops. To the last day of the TV LAB we had the honor to welcome alumni of the last six (!) TV Lab editions.
Thanks to all our participants, to the incredible speakers as well as our funders and partners for helping us put together this fantastic programme!
- Gabor Krigler (HBO Hungary): Achieving international level production value and universal dramatic stakes in local drama series
- Jeppe Gjervig Gram (BORGEN UK, FOLLOW THE MONEY): The DR way of creating series
- Victor Levin (MAD MEN, BEECHAM HOUSE): The Role of the Showrunner Outside the Writers’ Room or Are You Sure You Want This Job? and 3-day writers’ room simulation for writers and creative producers
- Charlotte Sieling (THE BRIDGE, BORGEN, HOMELAND, THE AMERICANS): The Space Between the Script and the Screen
- Linda Green (Director, Leading Creative Talent): Creative Leadership Workshop for producers and broadcasters
- Morgan Gendel (LAW & ORDER, STAR TREK: THE NEXT GENERATION, UNSCHULDIG, THE 100): Writers’ Room Simulation for producers and broadcasters
- Amelie von Kienlin (Amusement Park Film): Co-Producing in Europe
- Eva Ditgen, LL.M. (Brehm & v. Moers): Development Deals – What to keep in mind
- Peter Lories (Tinker Group): European Tax Incentives, Subsidies and Soft Money
- Anna Winger (Head Writer, DEUTSCHLAND86) and Jörg Winger (UFA Fiction, Co-MD / Producer): Case Study DEUTSCHLAND86
- Ben Keen (TMT Analyst and Strategic Advisor): European TV Market Dynamics
The highlight of the TV LAB were the pre-scheduled 1-2-1 meetings between the TV Lab participants and alumni, for possible co-development and co-production opportunities.
About the EUROPEAN TV DRAMA LAB
The TV Lab is one of the eminent professional training programmes for the TV drama industry. It is aimed at screenwriters, producers and commissioning editors. The sessions examine all components that are essential for a successful long running TV Drama series. Experienced industry professionals from Europe and the US share their knowledge and offer exclusive insights. Think Tanks provide the participants the opportunity to compare perspectives with other established professionals. New European case studies will pave the way to innovative and successful series formats.
The first module of this year’s Lab, titled “The Framework for Successful European TV Drama Series”, ran from 3.-8.7.2018.