EUROPEAN CO-PRODUCTION will take place on-site following an adequate hygiene concept. The safety and health of everyone involved is our top priority. Thus, should a new travel ban or other developments make an on-site event not possible, the workshop will be held as state-of-the-art live online event. This will be designed specifically for each workshop and will offer a 100% equivalent to the content of the on-site workshop. Accommodation fees will be refunded. Additional benefits and specific networking opportunities will round up this offer.
Essential Legal Framework
Even under normal circumstances, any co-production juggles a broad variety of complex issues on a daily basis. Today, co-producers face a whole new set of challenges in light of the ongoing pandemic. How will production stops and closed theatres affect funding regulations? How will distribution chains change considering the growing importance of the streamers? What new criteria should your decisions be based on to ensure the sustainable development of your business?
EUROPEAN CO-PRODUCTION tackles these complex questions head-on. The workshop offers exclusive insights into the making of several recent European co-productions as well as legal and finance in production and distribution. Hands-on tips help participants to successfully handle the changing complexities of European co-productions. NEW: As the mechanisms of co-production and co-financing are not limited to feature film, the workshop is now also open to professionals working in the co-production of TV series.
Participants benefit from the experience of acclaimed European producers and leading experts in media financing, production, sales and distribution. Various networking opportunities allow to connect with European colleagues and pave the way for new business opportunities.
|Format||Interactive on-site workshop|
|Datum||October 22-24 (excl. travel days)|
|Ort||Palma de Mallorca, Spain|
|Zielgruppe||Film and TV professionals interested in co-production|
|Preis||early bird 690 EUR (incl. meals, excl. accommodation) | regular 890 EUR (incl. meals, excl. accommodation)|
|Stipendien||Scholarships and discounts available (details below)|
Bestandteile des Angebotes
pandemic-related precautions 2020
What european co-Production offers
- Updated industry overview, including the latest developments
- Financial landscape in Europe and beyond
- Funding strategies: public & private financing sources, banks and bonds
- Revenue sharing & waterfall scenarios
- Legal framework: bilateral treaties and European convention on cinematographic co-production
- Step-by-step analysis of a typical co-production agreement
- Case studies of recent European co-productions
- Hands-on tools & group exercise in devising a financing strategy
- The current world of sales & distribution
- New industry players and business models
- Managing and sustaining businesses in times of uncertainty
- In-depth understanding of the financial and legal framework of European co-produciton
- Expert tips and practical tools on how to protect your interests
- Exclusive insights into cutting-edge case studies
- Access to acclaimed producers and leading industry experts
- Interactive sessions with space for questions and exchange
- Opportunity to test and apply the acquired knowledge on-site
- Excellent networking opportunities during the workshop as well as at our social evening programme
- An active and interdisciplinary group of participants and industry experts
- Opportunity to establish valuable and long-lasting business relationships with audiovisual professionals from all over Europe
programme schedule 2020 will be announced soon
experts 2020 include (Further tba)
previous CASE STUDIES include (case studies 2020 tba)
scholarships and discounts
Erich Pommer Institut Scholarships
A limited amount of mostly partial scholarships is available for nationals of the following countries: Albania, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, FYROM, Georgia, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Moldova, Montenegro, Norway, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Ukraine.
Please do not register above if applying for a scholarship. To apply, please fill in this application form before September 7.
Other Scholarships and Discounts
early bird discount: Register early to benefit from a EUR 200 discount until September 7.
Company discounts: The second person from the same company is eligible for a discount of EUR 200 when booking at the same time and at the non-discounted rate. Please contact us to receive the discount code.
Please also consider applying for funding in your home countries.
German funding possibility: Bildungsprämie des Bundesministeriums für Bildung und Forschung
Please note: Discounts and scholarships are not combinable.
What former participants say
- The workshop was really interesting. It was good to learn and see how other production companies all over Europe (and the world) work and how co-productions are made. The case studies were good examples but also talking to the other participants gave a good idea and more insight in the world of international co-production.Hanneke Bosman, BosBros, The Netherlands
- This workshop provides a perfect platform to refresh and update your know-how on financing, legal and practical aspects of the European co-production business. But most of all it caters for a perfect environment to meet existing and future partners on exciting and inspiring projects.Robin Kerremans, Caviar, Belgium
- I highly recommend this workshop for producers from developing countries, as it provides insights into the European approach to filmmaking and opens up new doors!Elene Margvelashvili, Parachute Films, Georgia/ UK