- Understand the complexities of European co-production (Bilateral treaties and European Convention on Cinematographic Co-Production)
- Learn about funding strategies and legal framework
- Understand revenue sharing and waterfall scenarios
- Get hands-on advise on a market, festivals’ and distribution strategy
- Get exclusive insights from cutting-edge case studies
- Listen to the masterminds of international sales
Essential Legal Framework
This workshop provides exclusive insights into the making of European co-productions as well as legal and finance in production and distribution. Participants benefit from the experience of acclaimed European producers and leading experts in the world of filmmaking and learn from the masterminds of an ever-changing world of international sales and distribution.
The training offers relevant information on the various tax incentives and state subsidy programmes and gives participants the knowledge to successfully handle the complexities of European co-productions.
The official registration period for this workshop starts in early August.
|Preis||890 EUR (incl. meals, excl. accommodation)|
tOPICS 2018 INCLUDEd
- Financial Landscape
- Public Funding & Beyond
- Revenue Sharing & Waterfalls
Legal Framework & Deals
- Bilateral Treaties & European Convention
- The Co-Production Agreement
Sales, Distribution & Blockchain
- Sales & Distribution
- New Business Models
- Industry overview
- Current Case Studies
- Devising a Financing Strategy
Previous case studies include
PREVIOUS EXPERTS INCLUDE
The training includes excellent networking opportunities - during the seminar as well as at our social evening programme.
- Benefit from acclaimed producers and leading experts from different disciplines
- Establish valuable and long-lasting business contacts with media professionals from all over Europe
What former participants say
- I found the seminar very informative and beneficial, giving me a greater insight into European Co-Productions, the challenges and opportunities that currently exist as well as looking to the future and what is on the horizon for the industry.Catherine Keane, Cartoon Saloon, Ireland
- I was taught more in 3 days in this seminar than in 3 years in a film school.Tomas Hruby, Nutprodukce, Czech Republic
- The seminar was really interesting, it was good to learn and see how other production companies all over Europe (and the world) work and how co-productions are made. The case studies were good examples but also talking to the other participants gave a good idea and more insight in the world of international co-production.Hanneke Bosman, BosBros, The Netherlands
- The seminar was a truly enriching experience in every respect. The accumulated knowledge acquired improved my understanding. Altogether highly positive in both professional and human terms.Martina Ecker, ndF: neue deutsche Filmgesellschaft mbH, Germany
Partial and full scholarships available for nationals of these countries: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Georgia, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Moldova, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Norway, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Ukraine.
Further information will be available before the workshop. Keep in mind not to register online if you are planning to apply for a scholarship.
Want to apply or not from one of these countries? Please contact Nora Weber (email@example.com | T: +49 331 721 28 82) for further information on scholarships.
For Germans: Eine Förderung der Weiterbildung über die Bildungsprämie des Bundesministeriums für Bildung und Forschung ist möglich. Weitere Informationen unter: www.bildungspraemie.info
Achtung: Die Bildungsprämie ist nicht mit einem Stipendium des EPI kombinierbar!