- Understood the complexities of European co-production (Bilateral treaties and European Convention on Cinematographic Co-Production)
- Learned about funding strategies and legal framework
- Understood revenue sharing and waterfall scenarios
- Got hands-on advise on a market, festivals’ and distribution strategy
- Got exclusive insights from cutting-edge case studies
- Listened to the masterminds of international sales
This workshop provided exclusive insights into the making of European co-productions as well as legal and finance in production and distribution. Participants benefited from the experience of acclaimed European producers and leading experts in the world of filmmaking and learned from the masterminds of an ever-changing world of international sales and distribution.
The training offered relevant information on the various tax incentives and state subsidy programmes
and gave participants the knowledge to successfully handle the complexities of
|Datum||October 18 – 22, 2017 (incl. travel days)|
|Preis||1.290 EUR | Participation fee (incl. hotel & meals) |
870 EUR | Participation fee (excl. hotel & incl. meals)
case studies 2017 included
Previous case studies
The training included excellent networking opportunities - during the seminar as well as at our social evening programme.
- Benefited from acclaimed producers and leading experts from different disciplines
- Established valuable and long-lasting business contacts with media professionals from all over Europe
experts 2017 included
What former participants say
- The seminar was a truly enriching experience in every respect. The accumulated knowledge acquired improved my understanding. Altogether highly positive in both professional and human terms.Martina Ecker, ndF: neue deutsche Filmgesellschaft mbH, Germany
- I was taught more in 3 days in this seminar than in 3 years in a film school.Tomas Hruby, Nutprodukce, Czech Republic
- The seminar was really interesting, it was good to learn and see how other production companies all over Europe (and the world) work and how co-productions are made. The case studies were good examples but also talking to the other participants gave a good idea and more insight in the world of international co-production.Hanneke Bosman, BosBros, The Netherlands
Regular participation (incl. accommodation and meals):
1st person € 1.290,00 | 2nd person from same company € 990,00 (Booking code: EPI_COPro_2ndPerson)
For residents (excl. accommodation, incl. meals):
1st person € 870,00 | 2nd person from same company € 670,00 (Booking code: EPI_COPro_2ndPersonNoHotel)
A limited number of (mostly partial) scholarships was available. These were awarded in priority to professionals from the new EU member states.
Please contact Ann-Sophie Stampfer (firstname.lastname@example.org | T: +49 (0)331 721 28 82) for further information. Please do not register online if you are planning to apply for a scholarship. The deadline for application was September 12, 2017.
>> For UK professionals: Check out Creative Skillset International Scholarships.
>> For Germans: Eine Förderung der Weiterbildung über die Bildungsprämie des Bundesministeriums für Bildung und Forschung ist möglich. Weitere Informationen unter:
Achtung: Die Bildungsprämie ist nicht mit einem Stipendium des EPI kombinierbar!