Scripts based on real stories, a Warhol poster in the background of a scene, and a protagonist humming a Robbie Williams song – not all rights contained in a script or a film are that obvious. Only a detailed analysis can avoid cost-intensive pitfalls.
With the rise of the streamers, rights clearance is becoming increasingly important, both nationally and internationally. The three-day workshop offers a comprehensive overview of rights clearance strategies and the necessary legal knowledge. Top industry experts and state-of-the-art case studies help participants develop a deep understanding of the topic in a surprisingly entertaining way. Excellent networking opportunities in Berlin's trendy Kreuzberg round off this intensive workshop.
|Datum||June 3 - 7, 2020 (incl. travel days)|
|Preis||Early Bird until April 6: 690 EUR | Regular: 890 EUR (incl. meals, excl. accommodation)|
Bestandteile des Angebotes
Early Bird until April, 6!
programme Schedule 2018
- Rights clearance strategies
- Copyright and its exemptions (Fair Use, parody etc.)
- Turning real life into film: Clearing personality rights
- Everybody’s nightmare? Clearing music rights
- Who is paying? How E&O insurance works
- The big players: Clearing rights at US majors and the streamers
- Clearing trademarks, artwork and landmarks: The creative approach
- Global perspective: Cases in different national jurisdictions
- Clearing rights for documentaries and factual entertainment
- Combining legal and creative
- Practical knowledge to identify and clear rights fast & effectively
- Learning from theoretical and practical work on cases
- Deep insight into best practices and strategies
- Latest expertise from internationally acclaimed trainers
- Excellent networking opportunities during the workshop as well as at our social evening programme.
- An active and interdisciplinary group of participants and industry experts
- Opportunity to establish valuable and long-lasting business relationships with audiovisual professionals from all over Europe
Case Studies 2020 INCLUDE (further case studies tba)
Experts 2020 Include (further experts tba)
Previous Experts include
VENUE and Accommodation
Catalonia Berlin Mitte ****
The Catalonia Berlin Mitte hotel owes its name to its central location in the city’s Mitte district, just 10–15 minutes’ walk from Museum Island and 15–20 minutes’ walk to Alexanderplatz and historical Nikoleiviertel; Berlin’s entertainment area full of typical restaurants. The hotel is located just in front of the Heinrich Heine Metro Station (U8, two stops to Alexanderplatz). The hotel has a unique lifestyle charm recreating the essence of Berlin with its industrial style, raw walls and graffitis in each floor created by well-known berliner artists. The hotel has 131 spacious and bright rooms with Smart flat screen TV’s, minibar and safe. It also has two meeting rooms, breakfast buffet, lobby with internet corner, cocktail bar, the Kunstwerk Restaurant, exterior terrace and free Wi-Fi throughout the whole hotel.
Find out more here
What former participants sAy
- I can think of no better context than this to learn more about clearing rights. With real examples and know-how shared by experts you’d not normally have access to, there is something valuable here for everyone working in film and TV production or media law.Judi Sydes, Diagonal TV, Spain
- I really enjoyed being surrounded by people and experts who are working in the same industry. National examples and cases have broadened the point of view and outlook. International experience, tips (especially from USA) – masterpiece!Simona Mikenaite, AVAKA, Lithuania
- Thank you EPI for the perfect organisation of this information-packed seminar with A-list lawyers. Invaluable. I met my objectives by getting answers to all my questions. And met some fun people.Cornelius Schregle, Backdrop Switzerland, Switzerland
scholarships and discounts
Erich Pommer Institut Scholarships
Apply until April 6!
A limited amount of mostly partial scholarships is available for nationals of the following countries: Albania, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, FYROM, Georgia, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Moldova, Montenegro, Norway, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Ukraine.
Please do not to register above if applying for a scholarship. To apply, fill in the application form by April 6.
Other scholarships and discounts
Early Bird discount: Register until April 6 to benefit from EUR 200 Early Bird discount!
Company discounts: The second person from the same company is eligible for a discount of EUR 200 when booking at the same time and at the non-discounted rate. Please contact us to receive the discount code.
Please also consider applying for funding in your home countries.
German funding possibility: Bildungsprämie des Bundesministeriums für Bildung und Forschung
Please note: Discounts and scholarships are not combinable.