Rights clearance is becoming increasingly important, both nationally and internationally.
Scripts based on real stories, a Warhol poster in the background of a scene, and a protagonist humming a Robbie Williams song – not all rights contained in a script or a film are that obvious. Only a detailed analysis can avoid cost-intensive pitfalls.
Workshop results included:
- practical knowledge to identify and clear rights fast & effectively
- teaching combined theoretical and practical work on the case
- including best practices and strategies
|Datum||April 18 - 22, 2018 (incl. travel days)|
|Ort||Mallorca, Spain (for hotel information see below)|
|Preis||870 EUR incl. meals. No possibility anymore to book with accommodation|
Previous Case Studies INCLUDE
- Rights clearance strategies
Copyright and its exemptions (Fair Use, parody etc.)
- Turning real life into
film: Clearing personality rights
- Everybody’s nightmare? Clearing music rights
- Clearing trademarks, artwork and landmarks
- Who is paying? How E&O insurance works
- Global perspective: Cases in different national jurisdictions
- Learning from the US: Rights’ clearance management at US Majors
- Clearing rights for documentaries and factual entertainment
The training included excellent networking opportunities - during the seminar as well as at our social evening programme.
- Benefited from an active group of participants and industry experts from different disciplines
- Established valuable and long-lasting business contacts with media professionals from all over Europe
- Shared their ideas and got professional feedback in unique Expert Speed Dating session
- Gained the latest expertise from internationally acclaimed trainers
What THIS YEARS participants sAID
- I really enjoyed being surrounded by people and experts who are working in the same industry. National examples and cases have broadened the point of view and outlook. International experience, tips (especially from USA) – masterpiece!Simona Mikenaite, Lawyer, Lithuania
- Thank you EPI for the perfect organisation of this information-packed seminar with A-list lawyers. Invaluable. I met my objectives by getting answers to all my questions. And met some fun people.Cornelius Schregle, Backdrop Switzerland, Switzerland
Regular participation (incl. accommodation and meals):
1st person € 1.290,00 | 2nd person from same company € 990,00
For residents (excl. accommodation, incl. meals):
1st person € 870,00 | 2nd person from same company € 670,00
A limited number of (mostly partial) scholarships was available. These were awarded in priority to nationals of these countries: Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Greece, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Iceland, Norway, Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia, Georgia, Moldova, Ukraine.
Are you not from one of these countries?
Please contact Ann-Sophie Stampfer (firstname.lastname@example.org | T: +49 (0) 331 721 28 82) for further information on scholarships.
Please do not register online if you are planning to apply for a scholarship.