- Develop specific skills in international co-production and co-venturing
- Receive up-to-date information on film funds and tax incentive
- Learn and receive project feedback from key professionals from both sides of the Atlantic
- Exchange information and experiences with your fellow TAP producers
European Module: June 21 - 24, 2017 in Berlin, Germany
Canadian Module: September 12 - 17, 2017 in Halifax, Canada
Trans Atlantic Partners (TAP) is an established training and networking programme for experienced film and TV producers from Europe, Canada and the US. Founded in 2009, TAP is the only programme worldwide that is dedicated to trans-Atlantic co-production.
Next to intensive, hands-on training and targeted project feedback from resource trainers, producers will be given the opportunity to participate at the Atlantic Film Festival's Strategic Partners, one of the worlds pre-eminent international co-production markets in Halifax, Nova Scotia.
|Bewerbungsfrist||18. April 2017|
|Ort||Berlin in June | Halifax in September|
|Zielgruppe||Producers (feature film and/or TV drama)|
|Preis||EUR 5.000 (incl. meals and accommodation)|
|Stipendien||available for nationals of the EU, Canada & the US|
- TRAINING and PROJECT FEEDBACK
- NETWORKING and PARTNER SEARCH
TAP offers a unique combination of intensive, hands-on training with
effective networking among potential partners, and targeted project
feedback from internationally acclaimed industry experts.
TRAINING and PROJECT FEEDBACK
TAP provides its participants the development of specific skills, access to invaluable expertise and the introduction to new business perspectives for international co-production and co-venturing in film and TV.
Top-level industry experts share their knowledge and experience and provide invaluable project feedback.
NETWORKING and PARTNER SEARCH
TAP also offers exclusive networking opportunities including pre-scheduled 1-2-1 meetings with potential project partners and decision makers.
TAP participants will also become part of the TAP Alumni Network with regular networking dinners at major international festivals including Berlin, Cannes and TIFF.
TAP is designed for independent producers with more than five years of professional experience in the film and television industry that have produced a minimum of one feature film or TV fiction series.
Applicants need to have a project
attached that is suitable for international co-production and should be
nationals of the EU, Canada or the US.
Market Intelligence / Finance
- The European, Canadian and US audiovisual market - figures, structure, players, operating conditions
- The financial landscape for European, Canadian and US feature film and TV production
- The legal framework: Europe | Canada | US
- Bilateral treaties and the European Convention on Cinematographic Co-Production
- The co-production/ co-venture agreement
In-depth, candid case studies of successful trans-Atlantic co-productions - both Film and TV - presented by acclaimed and award-winning producers.
Previous case studies included: ALOFT (ES | CAN), IN DARKNESS (PL | D | CAN), THE TRANSPORTER – The Series (FR | CAN), THE BOOK OF NEGROES (CAN | SA), HEVN (NOR | CAN)
Sales / Distribution / New Media
- Pitching projects
- Sales Agents and positioning in the marketplace
- Distribution in Europe, Canada and the US – structures and players
- Audience engagement and market outreach
previous tap experts IncludeD
Training and Project Feedback
Networking and Partner Search
- Participate at the Atlantic Film Festival's Strategic Partners, one of the worlds pre-eminent international co-production markets in Halifax, Nova Scotia
- Engage in further excellent networking opportunities throughout both modules
- Get access to top industry players to discuss their projects in 1-2-1
- Discover new international partners and projects
TAP Alumni Network
- Become part of the exclusive TAP Alumni Network with annual business events throughout the year.
- Meet other TAP Alumni, TAP
experts and industry guests in 1-2-1 meetings and at networking dinners at
major international festivals including Berlin, Cannes and TIFF.
TAP Alumni include
what former participants say
- TAP is the most effective program available if you want to meet viable co-production partners.Judy Holm (Markham Street Films), Canada
- TAP was a monumental experience for me both professionally and personally. I could not have imagined how much valuable information I would be fortunate enough to receive through the incredible mentors and resource experts. As an American producer, there is no better education of the international producing landscape. And most of all, I now have friends all over the world!Diane Houslin (B.O.B Filmhouse), USA
- Great people, great projects, great opportunities - I'd recommend TAP to any producer!Tom Collins (de facto films), Ireland
Application deadline is April 18, 2017.
The online application form is available below.
A list of all required information for the application is provided below (under "show more").
Please make sure to have all necessary information at hand before filling out the online form as the application cannot be saved in the process.
Successful applicants of TAP 2017 will be contacted in early May.
Information to have at hand when filling out the application form:
- Contact and Additional Information
- Objectives for applying to TAP (min. 1, max. 4; max. 100 characters each)
- Short biography & company profile (max. 1000 characters each, ~ 150 words)
- Main credits (details, your role, festivals, awards) (min. 1, max. 3)
- Projects for TAP (min. 1, max. 2)
a. Title, format, genre
b. Short synopsis (max. 500 characters, ~ 75 words)
c. Long synopsis (max. 1800 characters, ~ 270 words)
d. Artistic Statement (max. 1000 characters, ~ 150 words)
e. Further information (partially optional)
f. Attached writer, director, producer, co-producer, broadcaster
g. Shooting language, location and start
h. Based on, development stage, budget total / per episode, URL
i. Elements seeking / available for co-production (e.g. location, post, cast, director)
j. Financing in place (e.g. government grants, foundations, private equity)
k. Main talent attached (max. 3; name, role, bio of max. 1000 characters, ~ 150 words)
Please keep in mind:
- You cannot make any changes to your application after submission!
- If selected, relevant
information will be taken from the application form and published in
internal print material. Where stated, information may also be used for
publication in press releases.
Applicants should be nationals of:
- countries in the
European Union (or countries associated with the Creative Europe - MEDIA
Programme of the European Union)
- United States of America
- 3 seats are available to international participants
Profile and further requirements:
- independent film and TV producers with more than five
years of professional experience in the film and television industry and a minimum of one feature film or TV fiction series produced
- project attached (feature film or TV fiction) that is suitable for
international co-production. Please, no animation or documentary.
- The level of industry experience of the producer applying
- The creative and commercial merits of the project
- The co-production, co-venturing possibilities of the project among Europe, Canada and/or the US
- Financing in place
- Packaging elements in place