The Art of Negotiating Agreements for Film and TV
Good agreements are essential for the success of any production. This workshop aims at enabling film and TV producers to handle an agreement like a good script: with passion and a deep understanding of its structures and mechanisms.
Participants will dive deep into the psychological dynamics involved in any negotiation and gain knowledge on how to protect their interests in the best way. In interactive and practical exercises during the workshop, they will have the chance to apply and test the newly learned methods and techniques with other professionals directly.
|Format||Interactive on-site workshop|
|Preis||To be determined|
|Stipendien||Will be available (see below)|
What the Art of Negotiating Agreements offers
- Essential elements of agreements
- The psychological dynamics of negotiation and conflict resolution
- Negotiation techniques: Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP), The Harvard Method and others
- Potential partners for production and distribution and how to approach them
- Identifying interests of potential partners and your own
- Resolving conflicts and handling challenging positions
- Deep understanding of the complex world of communication
- Detailed overview of most relevant negotiation partners in film and TV and understanding their interests
- Training negotiation and conflict resolution techniques in a variety of practical exercises
- Hands-on tips on setting yourself up for success
- Interactive sessions and various networking opportunities with European professionals
program schedule 2022
Experts 2022 were
Scholarships and discounts
Erich Pommer Institut Scholarships
A limited amount of mostly partial scholarships is available for nationals of the following countries thanks to our Creative Europe MEDIA funding: Albania, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Georgia, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Moldova, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Norway, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Ukraine.
The deadline for scholarships has already passed.
Other Scholarships and Discounts
Company discounts: The second person from the same company is eligible for a discount of EUR 200 when booking at the same time and at the non-discounted rate. Please contact us to receive the discount code.
Please consider applying for funding in your home countries.
- Finnish funding possibilities: AVEK training supports | The Finnish Film Foundation training supports
- Lithuanian funding possibility: Lithuanian Film Centre scholarships
- Polish funding possibility: Polish Film Institute financial support
Please note: Discounts and scholarships are not combinable.
What former participants say
- This seminar will make you a better negotiator! A highly professional set-up, excellent experts and engaged colleagues. And most surprising: Germans can actually be entertaining and funny teachers!Hans Rossiné, NRK, Norway
- The Art of Negotiating Agreements is a great course and a wonderful experience. The content was really interesting, useful and practical, and at the same time fun. The experts were excellent, and we made an incredible team with the colleagues attending the course. It made me grow as a professional and as a person"Carla Sospedra, Miss Wasabi Films, Spain
- A very enjoyable, insightful course which will help you with everything from negotiating deals to day to day interaction.John Wallace, Black Sheep Productions, Ireland