- Develop specific skills to advance your career, grow success and build resilience
- Participate in three online and on-site workshops, led by experienced business coaches and industry experts
- Receive up-to-date knowledge on the European drama series industry
- Access a selection of EPI's innovative online courses on topics like negotiation, networking, pitching, et. al.
- Take advantage of exclusive networking opportunities within the group of fellow selected producers
- Get curated 1:1 project feedback and career mentoring by a designated senior industry professional
- Receive curated 1:1 pitching coaching by a designated and experienced pitching expert
- Partake as a full delegate in two of the most crucial industry markets for drama series, TV Drama Vision 2023 and Series Mania Forum 2023 with various networking opportunities with potential partners
- Get access to top industry professionals from across Europe and the US
- For the participating hiring managers or decision makers: acquire the necessary skills and knowledge to support a shift towards more diverse hiring practices and help your company stay relevant and become more competitive
SERIES’ WOMEN is the first career enhancement program for female producers in the European drama series industry, with its first edition having taken place from April-September 2021.
The second edition of SERIES' WOMEN will kick-off in late 2022 and will once again combine a broad variety of elements: the producers will participate in state-of-the-art training opportunities addressing topics such as visibility, leadership and digital entrepreneurship as well as receive curated 1-1 mentoring and pitching coaching. Networking opportunities at top European industry markets and direct access to decision makers and top industry players will complete the program.
By supporting selected female producers directly and boosting individual careers, SERIES' WOMEN sets off to increase the visibility and industry exposure of female producers and female-driven projects, supports the building of professional networks and strives to tackle underrepresentation in the industry in the general.
New to the program is an online diversity training exclusively directed at hiring managers or respective decision makers in the producers’ companies. Through this training, SERIES’ WOMEN addresses the topic of gender equality and diversity not only at an individual level, but sets out to enable change at the organizational level and make companies more competitive and sustainable in the process.
|Bewerbungsfrist||Application deadline has already expired.|
|Datum||November 2022 - March 2023|
|Ort||Online & on-site at various locations in Europe (subject to current travel restrictions)|
|Format||Live online & on-site training, 1:1 mentoring & coaching, online courses, networking, market attendance|
|Zielgruppe||Female producers in the European drama series industry as well as hiring managers in the businesses of the participating producers|
|Preis||500 - 2.500 EUR|
|Stipendien||Scholarships and discounts available (see below)|
your main benefits
How will you benefit from participating in SERIES' WOMEN?
Trainers and Experts (further tba)
program elements for producers (Still subject to change)
Module 1: Creating VisibilityDates: Nov 21 & 22 and Dec 5 & 6, 2022
- Understanding who you are and what drives you
- Handling interpersonal communication, conflicts and feedback
- Presenting and communicating who you are
- Building your profile and designing your future
Live online workshop, 2x2 days
Module 2: Developing VisibilityDates: November 2022 - March 2023
- Access to a selection of EPI's innovative online courses
- 1:1 pitching coaching from a designated pitching experts
- 1:1 project and career mentoring from a designated mentor
Self-study phase, 30-50 hours of learning/coaching
Module 3: Understanding the TV Drama Series IndustryDates: Jan 29 - Feb 2, 2023
- Financial and legal aspects of series production in Europe and beyond
- Finding your audience and developing a marketing and distribution strategy
- Access as full delegates to TV Drama Vision 2023 in Gothenburg
On-site workshop & market attendance, 5 days (3 days workshop + 2 days market attendance)
Module 4: Navigating the Current World of Business, Leadership and EntrepreneurshipDates: Mar 19 - 23, 2023
- Understanding, navigating and managing Innovation and Change
- Leadership in the producing context, managing business & creative partners
- Entrepreneurship and designing your career: transfer into practice
- Market attendance of Series Mania Forum 2023 in Lille
On-site workshop & market attendance, 4,5 days (2 days workshop + 2,5 days market attendance)
program elements for hiring managers (Still subject to change)
Module 5: Modern Gender Equality and Diversity ManagementDates: tba
- Workshop for hiring managers or respective decision makers in the businesses of the participating producers to adress the issue of gender and diversity at the HR level
- What is the point of gender equality and diversity management?
- Implementing gender equality and diversity management in organizations
Live online workshop, March 2023, 2 days
The regular participation fee is 2.500,00 EUR. Various discounts and scholarships that are available (see below).
We offer financing consultancy and financing plans to help producers enable their participation. Please contact us for further information. We encourage all applicants to seek financial support with their national/regional funding bodies.
Application deadline has already expired. Applications from candidates from particular regions are still possible. Please contact us for more information.
Formal application requirements:
- Female producers with a proven track record in the audiovisual industry
- At least one long running or limited drama series project in development attached (up to 3 projects)
- Please note applications cannot be saved mid-process or changed after submission
Further information on the application and the selection process:
Application evaluation criteria:
- The level of industry experience of the producer applying
- The producer's motivation and reasons to be selected
- The international, creative and commercial merits of the project(s)
- Applications will be reviewed by a designated committee which may include the program's partners
- All applicants will be informed about the status of their application in due time
- If selected, information may be taken from the application form for publishing in print materials or in press releases (where stated and subject to the selected producer's revisions).
Application information to be submitted:
- Personal and Contact Information
- Professional or Employment Information (incl. a professional biography, max. 1200 characters ~200 words, incl. spaces)
- Information About the Nominated Hiring Manager (incl. a professional biography, max. 1200 characters ~200 words, incl. spaces)
- Your Motivation to Apply
- Letter of motivation // Questions to address: Why is this program important for you and your career at this moment in time? Why should we select you? What are your professional goals for the next ten years? (max. 1000 characters, incl. spaces)
- Ideal mentor(s) (up to 3 names and explanations)
- Scholarships | Financing (incl. a letter of motivation, max. 1000 characters, incl. spaces)
- Main Credits on Realized Projects (min.1, max. 3)
- Original title, international title, format, genre
- Year of release, your position (as credited)
- Project IMDb / website, project trailer
- Festivals / name, year, awards (if any)
- Project(s) you are bringing to SERIES' WOMEN (drama series or limited drama series; min. 1, max. 3)
- Original title, international title, format, genre
- Your position / role in the project
- Logline (max. 500 characters, ~ 75 words, incl. spaces)
- Synopsis (max. 1800 characters, ~ 270 words, incl. spaces)
- Based on, shooting language, shooting location(s), shooting start, development stage
- Total budget (EUR), budget per episode (EUR); Number of episodes
- Project website/ URL, project trailer
- Elements seeking (financing, location, post, talent, etc.) (max. 250 characters, ~ 40 words, incl. spaces)
- Confirmed Financing (financier, amount)
- Attached talent and key team members (name, role in project, IMDb link / website, bio)
Scholarships and discounts
Scholarships and discounts
Thanks to the support of our industry partners, we are pleased to offer reduced participation fees to selected producers based in the following regions:
- Belgium (supported by VAF, CFWB & screen.brussels): two seats à 500 EUR
- Ireland (supported by Screen Ireland): one seat à 500 EUR
- Sweden (supported by Kulturakademin): two seats à 500 EUR
- Switzerland (supported by FOCAL): one seat à 500 EUR
A limited number of mostly partial scholarships will be available for nationals of the following countries thanks to our Creative Europe - MEDIA funding: Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Greece, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia and Slovenia.
Participants from countries that are not part of European Union's MEDIA initiative may still be viable for a scholarship depending on their participation in the MEDIA strand. These countries include: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Georgia, Iceland, Lichtenstein, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Republic of Serbia and Ukraine.
The Erich Pommer Institut encourages cultural and social diversity in their training activities and welcomes everyone to take part in our programs - regardless of their ethnic and social background, disability, or age. The EPI Scholarship sets out to ensure that our participants come from varied backgrounds and creates opportunities for those from marginalized groups and those who may otherwise not be able to participate.
EWA Network and WIFTI Discounts
Thanks to our partners EWA Network - European Women's Audiovisual Network and WIFTI, we are offering discounts of 100€ for one selected member of each organization.
EAVE Alumna Discount
Thanks to our partner EAVE, we are offering a 100€ discount for one selected alumna.
Please indicate in the application form if you want to apply for a scholarship.
Please note scholarships and discounts are non-combinable.
Impressions from the first edition of Series' women
what former participants say
- The program focuses strongly on your own inner motivation and personal development. It connects you to great women women all over Europe who are facing the same challenges as you and allows you to grow in this business together.Jessica Hefti, Zodiac Pictures, Switzerland
- SERIES' WOMEN was an incredible opportunity to meet producers from all over Europe, share journeys, knowledge, network and create real friendships. After attending, my career acquired more focus and perspective.Abigail Mallia, Take//Two, Malta
- SERIES' WOMEN was an extraordinary experience for me. The online coaching sessions, the exchange with other female producers and the many practical exercises have expanded my knowledge and skills extremely. Even though I have been working in the industry for 20 years, the coaches gave me a whole new perspective on my work and expanded my knowledge about the job, myself and my leadership skills. Its workshops and mentoring program were the best preparation for presenting my project at Series Mania. The networking opportunities with female producers around Europe were priceless.Annett Neukirchen, LETTERBOX FILMPRODUKTION, Germany
what the industry said about the first edition of SERIES' WOMEN
- We at WIFTI are working hard to achieve gender balance in the industry through the three pillars connection, knowledge and visibility. EPI's new initiative SERIES' WOMEN very much aligns with our goals and how we strive to achieve them. With their extensive experience in setting up high-quality training programmes for the industry and their unique understanding of the industry's needs, the EPI is best equipped to set up an initiative that will help promising female producers take the next step in their careers. WIFTI is thrilled to support SERIES' WOMEN.Helene Granqvist, President, Women in Film and Television International